Jan 31, 2012

Just read.


Read.
Read books old and new. Read books obsolete and mainstream.
Read books from fiction to non-fiction, from children's to memoirs. Have a taste of different genres.
Read good books. A whole lot of 'em.
Read bad books. Hopefully not as much. And when you come across a book you deem to be worse than the last bad book you held, think about how it'll make you appreciate the good stuff more.
And then read even more good books. Read fantastic ones.
Choose several favorites. You can never have JUST ONE. Today you may prefer this, tomorrow another. Yesterday's favorite may not even be one of those.
Read. I beg you.
Just read.

--note to self

. . .

Buying or not, I almost always stop by bookshops whenever I'm at the mall. It feels nice going through the aisles, looking for new titles to add on my list, touching books big and small, looking at the covers, checking the availability of items from my list etc. Lately though, I've been feeling a little guilty of my book expenditures. Don't hate me, but I feel like it's been more of an extravagance on my side, especially because I'm unemployed. It's like a sin. I don't need it yet I've been emptying out my wallet just to take home that shiny (really?) book or that one which randomly caught my eye. Secondhand shops doesn't make much of a difference since I tend to always hoard.

But, still, I buy. That guilty feeling doesn't have much effect on me so you're free to give me a pat on the back. Who can possibly stop buying books? I mean, seriously. And why deprive yourself of something that makes you happy? So long as you don't go overboard (walking home from EDSA going south; fasting for one week), then you're fine. AND HAPPY. So, you know. JUST KEEP READING. (to the tune of Dory's "Just keep swimming")

1 comment:

  1. you probably know this but if not, consider it my good deed for the day: http://www.thejcconline.com/.

    ReplyDelete