Jan 1, 2012

The year that was

Noteworthy happenings of 2011:
- A first, on the first (January)
- A celebration (February)
- Finished college (March)
- Bought my first film camera: a Bell+Howell BF35, 35mm toy camera (April)
- Bought my first SLR: a Minolta SR-T 101b (June)
- Started buying a lot of secondhand books a.k.a. the time when I developed a Booksale addiction (September)

Blah moments:
- I'm still unemployed (ugh)
- Although it's the year I got started on film photography, or photography in general, I haven't been taking photos as much as I hoped and thought I would. Unemployment is one contributing factor. Also, I tend to take photos of the same things over and over as I don't really go out much. I have a total of seven rolls of film waiting to be processed.
- I only started reading profusely by mid-year
- Started some things that were never updated or continued
- I had so much time to do a lot of different things (both old and new) and yet I didn't really accomplish anything

All in all, 2011 seems to be a "hibernation" year. It's a shame I never really "went out" or did something new, different, or worthwhile. I mostly stayed home, read, stayed long hours on the interwebs almost daily... I won't be able to have this much time once I start working and yet, this. It's... a bit sad.

Oh, well. Let's make 2012 a more fruitful year, shall we? :)

2 comments:

  1. try giving yourself a different word or theme everyday and find something to photograph out of that theme. You don't even have to go out. Just grab anything from your home and find a good light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fran! I actually think the same, I even have a notebook for photo ideas. The problem is I forget all about the existence of such notes eventually haha. I might try working around a theme/word next time :) Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete