Dec 1, 2011

On having multiple copies of books

If I remember correctly, I bought my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird during college. I loved the story and it became an instant fave, alongside my all-time favorite The Book Thief.

I never bought the same book twice; I'm not one of those people who collected different editions of their favorite books. I'd rather buy other titles, but that may change soon. How can you resist a cover like this?


I don't know if there's a hardback or trade paperback version of this, the only one available in a local bookstore is mass market paperback. That's actually better on my end, since it will be a lot cheaper thus, less guilt on shelling out money on a book I already have. But oh, I've always liked trade paperbacks (I prefer the size--not too large, and not too small & bulky), though most of my books are mass market versions haha. I must have this.


This one's a trade PB, but it's twice the price and though it's also pretty, I like the first one more. Plus, I will limit myself to just one extra copy. Though if I find a mass market one, I might be tempted to buy both. Yikes.

Naturally, I'd want another copy of The Book Thief. There's one other cover design that I know of, but I haven't seen it in any local bookstores. It might just be available in certain countries. I'm a bit tempted to purchase a hardcover version. That's justifiable, right? It's my favorite book! Having an extra copy of it is totally out of the question.

I will have these. Maybe next year, yes? Will this be the start of another addiction? I should hope not.

ETA: I obtained a secondhand copy of Coraline as mentioned in this post. As it is one of my favorites (book and movie, alike), I can't help but lust over the movie collector's edition and the one with the movie-version cover. 

Aaand, Scout, Atticus, & Boo: A Celebration of to Kill a Mockingbird. I didn't mention this in the original post, but I think I would like this one, too. Gaaah. This is not good.


No comments:

Post a Comment