Dec 20, 2011

Whatcha watchin'?

I've been watching a lot of (great!) movies and anime/tv series lately (lately being at least more than a year). I just thought I might share them here:


Chuck
My all-time favorite series which is still on air but, sadly, on its last season. I would watch as many episodes as I can daily, forcing my eyes open until I can't take it anymore haha. Oh how I would miss this when it's finally gone.


One Piece
Whole-day marathons as well. Now one of my two most favorite animes! Still on air, already on its 528th episode this week. I used to read the manga while waiting for the next episode to be available for download, but now I'm too lazy to do that.



Studio Ghibli films
I've been seeing a lot of Totoro stuff on Tumblr, and I finally downloaded the movie. I loved it and discovered other Studio Ghibli creations. Naturally, I downloaded 'em as well. This was around the middle of this year. I have now watched ten SG movies! (Note to self: download more) Their stories are unique and very entertaining, characters are so easy to like. Most of the leads are female, which is also nice. I AM IN LOVE.



Walking Dead
A series which only had six episodes on their first season. BUT, those episodes are very satisfying. I can't wait for more zombiessss, or walkers, as they call it in the show. I'm not sure if season 2 is already up haha



Rurouni Kenshin
I first watched the series on Studio 23 back in high school. THIS IS MY FAVORITE ANIME, EVER. (Well, OP and Ruroken kind of share the spot now.) I don't know why, I just do. Also this year, I read the manga version, and boy, I sure am glad I did. I thought the series seem a bit too short, and it is. Only ninety-five episodes, while the manga has 200+ chapters. I would read 'til sunrise daily. Seriously. I am now downloading episodes 11-20.



Makoto Shinkai movies
I'm not sure how many movies there are, but I currently have two. According to an ad I saw on Facebook, Shinkai is dubbed as the next Hayao Miyazaki (of Studio Ghibli!!!), so I downloaded the two, immediately. How were they? Well, the plot's nice. I just think the pace is a little bit too slow. I am also not a big fan of lengthy monologues, which basically comprises his movies. (Why do the Japanese like too many lengthy monologues??) I was expecting films similar to those of SG, so I was a bit disappointed. I'm still on the lookout for good stuff from Shinkai, though.


There you go. :) What have you been watching this year?



P.S. Thanks to B for not listening to me when I told her not to watch Chuck, for making me love One Piece (which I didn't like when I watched it on TV), and for introducing me to Walking Dead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment