May 28, 2012

Point and Shoot

I've been restless ever since we got back from Ilocos. Having a taste of a mini adventure ticked something inside me. I WANT MORE. It also made me want to get a waterproof camera. I have posted pictures from our trip on my previous entry, but it didn't show any from the underground cave. It's not that my battery ran out or the memory card's full, it's because I was afraid to use my camera there. Which is perfectly sensible.

I have also observed that as time goes by, I'm leaning towards high-quality compact cameras more and more and rethinking why I wanted a DSLR for so long. Sure, it's definitely more versatile and all that, but do I need these extra features? Currently, no. Plus, it's inconvenient to lug around especially when you're traversing a rocky trail (which are slippery more often than not) and walking through streams and such. I want something I could use and carry anywhere and everywhere. So now I'm on a hunt for the perfect companion.

I have actually already found the one. I present to you the Sony Cyber-shot TX20:






























Model Highlights: Certified waterproof, dustproof and shockproof, 16.2-megapixel Exmor® R CMOS sensor, Full HD 1080/60i video, dual record of photos and videos, up to 10fps, 3.0" touch screen


Or its pricier brother, the TX200V:
















Model Highlights: 18.2 megapixels, certified waterproof and dustproof, 3.3" OLED touch screen, Full HD 1080/60p video, high speed AF, up to 10 fps, Clear Image Zoom, Optical SteadyShot™ with Active Mode


Would be thrilled to own an orange TX20! I know I won't be needing this until our next vacation (which is probably on December), but I just can't help lusting over it! The only problem is that I don't have the moolah right now. So yes, will be dreaming of you 'til then.

Anybody want to sponsor my purchase? Hee-hee.


- - - - -
Images and info from Sony website

2 comments: