May 13, 2012

To the North

We're finally off to the north today; bus is leaving at 10:30 in the evening. It's hard to imagine it's been more or less six years since my last visit. Actually, we've been planning seriously to go this summer, but we never thought something like this would come up. Our two-week stay would definitely be not enough to make up for lost time, especially because of what happened.

As much as it hurts to think that we're going primarily to attend the wake and burial of my grandma, I can't help but get excited to see my relatives again, albeit one less familiar face. I'm slowly preparing myself for the emotional stress I would be experiencing in the days to come. You see, it's been more than a week, and still I haven't properly mourned. I only cried once, on my way to work, when my sister broke the news to me. I can feel the tears building up inside me, ready to explode at any given time. It sure feels like I lost my mother twice. *sigh*

On a lighter note, I will be bringing my SLR with me, and bought two rolls of film for this trip. Uh-huh, two more rolls to be added to my pile of unprocessed film. According to my exposure log, I last loaded my camera in October of last year. What a loser. Pray I still know how to use my SLR. Hopefully, I'd be able to snap some nice photos.

With my older sister, way back in good 'ol '93


See you soon, Ilocos.

No comments:

Post a Comment