Jun 3, 2012

Fast eyes are fast!

As I lay on my bed earlier today, I realized that I have quite a handful of unread books in my possession. According to my blog, I've last purchased books last March. That's something to be proud of as I tend to hoard. Thus, my to-be-read pile. So I said to myself that I won't be buying any book anytime soon. Luckily enough, I really don't feel any inclination to visit bookstores lately.

But I guess the universe does not approve. A few hours after my no-book-buying declaration, this came into possession:

I swear I had no plans of buying any book today.
 B idly surveyed the merchandise at a book kiosk at the mall while talking on her mobile phone. I actually found it funny that we stopped there as she's not a book person. And since I'm in a no-book-buying mode, I didn't really pay attention to the books on display. Little did I know, the universe's laughing loudly behind my back. 'Coz you know what? It only took one look, one look... You know what happened next.

I don't regret it though, for it's secondhand. And I don't really see this title in any other bookstore, so yes, there wasn't any room for hesitation. Say hello to your new recruit, TBR pile! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment