Nov 1, 2011

Let's try again, shall we?

There are books you read a thousand times over because you love them. Then, there's those you wouldn't even think of picking up again. But, there's also some you would want to give a second chance. Books that you didn't fully appreciate the first time you've read them (maybe my expectations were too high?), but are willing to spend time with again in hopes of having a different (preferably favorable) feeling towards them. Such is the case with the following:

  • The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood
  • A Spot of Bother, Mark Haddon
  • The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett
  • The Painter of Battles, Arturo Perez, Reverte

I see a lot of people who really like the first and third. As for me, I don't know. Follett is nice, but I didn't like it as much as I hoped I would, as with Atwood. I've been wanting to buy Haddon for months and received it as a present during college, I liked it enough, but I didn't really enjoy reading it. I want to like and enjoy these books, so some time (maybe next year), I'll give 'em a shot once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment