Oct 9, 2011

Can't. Resist. Noooo.

 (I hear Alanis in my head singing Hand In My Pocket but with the words: I'm sick but I'm blogging, I'm broke but I'm buying books...)







Another trip to two Booksale branches yielded these lovely purchases: The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen, and The Best American Mystery Stories edited by Joyce Carol Oates. Maybe you're thinking "hey, I thought you were broke." I am. I only paid for one of those ;) Tip: If you don't have cash to shell out, bring someone with you who's willing to pay for you. HAHAHA. I feel so lucky to have found The Corrections!

Now, I know these aren't on my to-buy list, but I have my reasons or... "this is me, trying to justify my purchases." Really though, these are true:
  • I want to buy more short story/essay collections/anthologies. I really like Like the Flowing River by Paulo Coelho and I think that's the book I've re-read the most. I thought I wouldn't be fine with such format at first, but it quite appealed to me.
  • I want to buy books of certain authors I've come to know through blogs/websites I frequent or stumbled upon. These include: Michael Chabon, Jonathan Franzen, Jonathan Safran Foer, Amy Bloom, Anne Carson, John Green (WANT Looking for Alaska), and (more of) Nick Hornby, whose novel A Long Way Down (which I meant to buy for the longest time) I was able to buy secondhand last month. Yay for inexpensive books!
  • As for The Jungle Book hahahaha... I dunno. I've always liked children's books, and I used to watch this on TV when I was younger. I. Couldn't. Resist. I almost shrieked when I saw it. I was more excited than when I saw Franzen's book (during which my eyes widened) hahaha.

Yep. Three more added to the reading stack!

No comments:

Post a Comment