Oct 9, 2011

Booksale* addiction

As I surveyed my recent book purchases, I realized something: I'm forming a Booksale addiction.

I don't frequent Booksale in the past as I never see familiar books (other than the usual Grisham, Steel, Roberts...) or books I wanted to buy there. Recently though, I've been buying a lot of never-heard books and see myself rummaging through every nook and cranny of the store, hoping to find a treasure.

Four weeks and three Booksale branches later, here are the stuff I accumulated:

The hardcovers (top to bottom):
  • The Natural History of Uncas Metcalfe by Betsey Osborne
  • The Mercury Visions of Louis Daguerre by Dominic Smith
  • The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
  • Saint Mudd by Steve Thayer
  • Dinosaurs on the Roof by David Rabe


The paperbacks (top to bottom):
  • Balcony People by Joyce Landorf Heatherley
  • Grayson by Lynn Cox
  • The Girl in the Glass by Jeffrey Ford
  • A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
  • The Best American Mystery Stories 2005 edited by Joyce Carol Oates
  • The Soul Catcher by Michael White

Oh my, thirteen books! Nomnomnom. Done with The Soul Catcher and The Kite Runner. I have a looong way to go before I finish them all.

These are the gems of the pile :>



Currently reading: Dinosaurs on the Roof, Saint Mudd, and The Best American Mystery Stories
__________

*Booksale is a used books store chain in the Philippines, with items varying from references to children's books, coffee table to medical ones, classics to bestsellers. They also carry new and back issues of local and international/foreign magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment