Oct 17, 2011

Maniac, who?


My favorite Booksale branch is the one closest to where I live and the one I frequent the most. From this branch I bought my omg-i-found-one books: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen, A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I'm currently eyeing an LOTR trilogy boxed set and a photography book from the same branch.

The thrill of looking at, looking for, and buying books have surpassed the thrill of actually reading them. And when I'm not buying books, I usually scour the internet for book recommendations and reviews, lurking mostly on blogs I recently discovered.

Is that bad? I don't really think so. But I guess I should allot as much time and energy on reading as I do on this current book-hunting and buying frenzy. (Which I obviously do not.)

A few things: I have poor eyesight but my eyes are extremely fast in "locating" familiar titles/authors. I rummage like a maniac. I sometimes go to a particular Booksale branch for days in a row. I still end up buying books even if I forbid myself to even go to bookstores.


I'm turning vicious, folks. Better call the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment