Sep 27, 2011

Prioritized book spending

I've been obsessing about books again lately, ever since this. I told B I'd save P5k and splurge on next year's MBIF (or any big bookstore sale), to avenge (yep) my not being able to attend this year. HAH! I doubt if I'll be able to save up that much without being tempted to spend it on say, a camera, for film processing, and for stocking up on films. Even more so, if I'll have the heart to spend that much money in one day, even if it's on books.

I'll try very hard to restrain myself from buying unfamiliar books each time I visit Booksale 'cause however cheap they may be, it somehow keeps me from buying (or saving up for) the ones I've really been meaning to buy.

I am posting this list to remind me of the books I should prioritize in buying:

  • Looking for Alaska, John Green
  • Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer
  • Ariel, Sylvia Plath (restored ed.)
  • I Am the Messenger, Markus Zusak
  • All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, Robert Fulghum
  • Theft, Peter Carey
  • The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Brian Selznick
  • Moondogs, Alexander Yates
  • The Collector, John Fowles
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This, Robin Black
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
  • How to Be Alone, Jonathan Franzen
  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, Mark Haddon
  • What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures, Malcolm Gladwell
  • The Evolution of Bruno Littlemore, Benjamin Hale
  • The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, J. R. R. Tolkien
  • Self-Portrait Photography, Natalie "Miss Aniela" Dybisz

No comments:

Post a Comment