Sep 26, 2011

New books again!

I went to another branch of Booksale this weekend, hoping to find some titles I have been wanting to have. I found nothing. But, as I mentioned before, I do not leave Booksale empty-handed most of the time. I decided to buy books that have pretty covers or weird titles instead. Haha.

Picked up this one first:


An unfamiliar book. I really really love its jacket design for some reason. I like the title, and the synopsis is intriguing enough so I didn’t hesitate to buy it. Price: P15


Most of the books from the stack are facing the opposite side, so you cannot see what books they are unless you take them from the pile. I don’t know what it’s called or how to describe it properly, but… I was attracted to this book even before I knew what it was because the leaves are uneven (ugh, help!). I hope you understand what I’m trying to say hahaha. I actually saw this before the first book but as I was taking off the topmost books, I saw that.

I got so excited when I saw the title (hint: Daguerre). This is a fictional take on the life of the inventor of daguerrotype, one of the earliest methods of capturing images. I feel lucky to have spotted this :D Price: P15


I like the graphic novel-like design and the jacket’s texture, and it seems interesting too. A novel of gangsters and saints, huh? Price: P40


I’m not quite sure why I bought this one. I like the title a lot, but the synopsis didn’t interest me as much as the ones above. The average rating is 2.29/5 on goodreads hahaha. I hope I’ll like it :) Price: P10 HAHAHA

All four are hardcovers. THEY’RE REAL HEAVY AND HARD TO CARRY. No regrets, though (not yet, at least) :) Total amount: P80 HAH

No comments:

Post a Comment